Tips for Creating a Personal Brand
Creating a personal brand is no easy feat, however, with these tips for creating a personal brand you can have your brand in tip top shape by the end of 4th quarter. If you follow these six tips over the course of the next few months your brand will be ready to soar to new heights in 1st quarter 2020.
The Six Tips
- Schedule a branding photo shoot!
- This is a must if you want to make a great first impression and help your ideal audience get to know you, like you and trust you. You need to have visual content that tells your story so that your ideal client can identify with your personality, interests, and your why. All of these things can be communicated through visual story telling.
- Define or refine your niche!
- Identifying your niche or refining your niche if you already have one is critical for being able to identify your ideal client and create content that resonates with them. Clarity is important for both you and your audience. Once your niche is defined, you can communicate your clarity for what you do and your audience will have clarity on the problem you solve for them.
- Name your ideal client to ensure you are creating content specifically for reaching him/her!
- Having clarity as to who your ideal client is will enable you to create content that reaches him or her specifically. You should always strive for this to alleviate calls and inquiries from non-ideal clients who would cause you frustration and waste your time. Defining and naming your ideal client provides clarity for you as to what your ideal client wants to hear and at the end of the day makes your content creation much easier and way more effective.
- Follow up with clients and ask for testimonials to demonstrate you are an expert in your niche!
- Ahhh! The dreaded ask! I know you are uncomfortable asking for testimonials, but I can assure you the pain will be for your long-term gain. When people Google your expertise, they are going to compare the people that come up on the first page. Having testimonials on Google, LinkedIN, Facebook, Yelp, and on your website shows your ideal client that you have the expertise and ability to solve the problems they need solved. If you have done your job effectively and with kindness, your present clients will not mind providing a referral, recommendation, rating or testimonial for you. Ask!
- Engage with your ideal audience on a new level…a level that will let them know you and trust you and encourage them to buy from you in 2020!
- Time! You have very little of it because you are so busy working in your business, but let me assure you that taking time to engage with your ideal audience is going to pay off…maybe even in the short term. The more you engage with your ideal audience, the more they will get to know you, like you and trust you. People buy people, they do not buy products and services. People buy personalities. Show up and talk to your audience so that they can feel an emotional connection with you.
- Commit to being present consistently for your ideal audience (so they can get to know you, like you and trust you)!
- Being present consistently does not mean you have to post on your social media accounts daily. What it does mean is that you show up regularly and when you show up you deliver meaningful content, content that inspires, informs, or entertains. Your ideal audience will begin to expect valuable content from you and appreciate the value that you are adding to their businesses or lives. The more value you provide consistently, the more your ideal audience will trust you.
Building a personal brand is not easy, but if you follow these tips for creating a personal brand you will be able to build relationships with your ideal audience that will result not only in getting more clients, but help you to have a strong referral base.
If you have questions about building a personal brand that stands out, makes an impact and sells without selling, please schedule a call with me. I love to share my passion and knowledge.